Detailed geophysical and geological investigations to identify copper lead and zinc mineralization around Ambaji, Banaskantha district are in progress.
Near Real Time Seismology
Seismicity monitoring, Modeling earthquake source processes, Seismic tomography, Characterizing reservoir triggered seismicity, Attenuation studies
- Establishment of Gujarat State Seismic network of 60 broadband seismographs (BBS) and 55 strong motionaccelerographs.
- 24x7 monitoring of seismicity in near real time.
- Source scaling laws for Kachchh region, Gujarat.
- 1-dimensional velocity models for Kachchh, Saurashtra and Narmada regions.
- 3-dimesional P and S wave velocity structure of the Kachchhregion.
- Role of deep crustal fluids in the genesis of earthquakes in the intraplate Kachchh region.
- Estimation of source parameters of earthquakes in North Gujarat.
- Teleseismic tomography of the north-western DVP.
- Reservoir triggered seismicity studies for SSNNL.
- Development of local magnitude scale for Kachchh region.
- Seismological studies of Lower Subhansiri dam area, Assam.
- Seismicity and tomography studies for Bursar project, J & K.
- Feasibility of Earthquake Early Warning System for Kachchh Earthquakes.
Dr. Santosh Kumar (PI)
Dr. P. Mahesh (Co-PI)
Dr. A.P. Singh
Ms. Vishwa Joshi
Mr. Ketan S. Roy
Ms, Vandna Patel
Mr. A. Sateesh
Mr. Arpan Shastri
Mr. Chaitanya Kumar