Detailed geophysical and geological investigations to identify copper lead and zinc mineralization around Ambaji, Banaskantha district are in progress.
Seismic Hazard assessment and Microzonation
Strong motion seismology, Probabilistic and deterministic seismic hazard assessment, Seismic microzonation, Site specific studies, Engineering Geophysics, Time domain electromagnetic and shallow resistivity investigations.
- Seismic hazard map of Gujarat using deterministic and neo-deterministic approaches.
- Resonance frequency and site amplification maps in diverse geological terrains.
- Probabilistic seismic hazard assessment map of India .
- Vs30 (shear-wave velocity to 30m depth) map of Gujarat.
- Response spectra for nuclear power plants at Kakrapar (Gujarat) and Rawatbhata (Rajasthan) .
- Seismic hazard assessment of ports of Gujarat, Gujarat International Finance Tec City (planned cluster of skyscrapers upto 100 storeys), Sardar Patel Statue of Unity (182 m high tallest statue in the world), LNG Storage Terminals (at Dahej and Mundra), planned 15-story V S Hospital in Ahmadabad, planned multi-storey commercial complex in Gandhinagar.
- Seismic micorzonation of Gandhidham-Kandla area, Dholera Special Investment Region, Gandhinagar and Ahmadabad cities.
- Multi-channel analysis of surface waves for Museum Building, Smriti Van, Bhuj.
- Seismic microzonation of Bhuj city, Kachchh, Gujarat.
Dr.Sumer Chopra (PI)
Dr.Kapil Mohan (Co-PI)
Dr. Pallabee Choudhury (Co-PI)
Dr.Madan Mohan Rout
Dr. Archana Das