Detailed geophysical and geological investigations to identify copper lead and zinc mineralization around Ambaji, Banaskantha district are in progress.
Earthquake Precursory Research
Short term earthquake precursory studies, Signatures of magnetic pulsations and magnetic storms, Time series and non-linear analysis of multiparametric geophysical data.
- Establishment of three MPGOs in Kachchh.
- Identification of geophysical and geochemical precursors of moderate earthquakes in Kachchh.
- Signatures of Atmospheric and Ionospheric anomalies associated with the 2015 Gorkha earthquake.
- Characterisation of the ULF Magnetic field variations associated with the Mw5.1 Dhoravira earthquake.
- Singular spectrum analysis of Radon time series recorded in Kachchh.
- Study of ULF electromagnetic emissions associated with moderate earthquakes in Kachchh.
- Temporal variation of soil Radon and Thoron concentrations associated with earthquakes of Kachchh.
- Free oscillations after the 2010 Maule and 2011 Tohoku earthquakes using superconducting gravimeter data.
- Detection of the Inner Core Translational Triplet using Superconducting Gravimeter .
- Anomalous Signals Prior to 20th June 2012 earthquake in Kachchh detected by Superconducting Gravimeter .
- Deep Seismic Sounding Profiling in Kachchh to decipher the structure .
- Seismic Array in Western India in Kachchh to decipher the structure and Anisotropy.
Dr. K. Madhusudhana Rao (PI)
Mr. Prassanna Simha
Mr. Sushanta Kr Sahoo