Detailed geophysical and geological investigations to identify copper lead and zinc mineralization around Ambaji, Banaskantha district are in progress.
Crustal deformation, GPS geodesy, Active Tectonics, Paleoseismology, Quaternary Geology, palaeo tsunami, Remote Sensing, OSL Dating.
- Establishment of a network of 22 GPS stations for long-term earthquake hazard assessment due to different geological faults of Gujarat.
- Long-term average uplift rates of South vagad fault, central Kachchh mainland fault and eastern Katrol hill fault.
- First evidence of bounder sized palaeo tsunami deposits from Diu Island, western India.
- Geological evidence of a 2m higher (than present) sea level along the Kachchh coast,during the middle Holocene period.
- Reconstructing high energy marine events from Gujarat coast from last 6000 years.
- Active fault studies in western Segment of Kachchh mainland fault and Gedi Fault.
- Active fault mapping of Soan Dun between Bias and Satluj river basin Himalachal Himalaya.
- Aggradational-Incisional phases in the Fluvial sequences of Southern Saurashtra: Implications for Sea level / Tectonic forcings during the Late Quaternary.
- Documentation of aqueous and paraglacial features in and around equatorial region of Mars.
- Estimation of ongoing deformation along Katrol Hill Fault (KHF) in the central part of Kachchh using GPS.
- Continuous monitoring of crustal deformation in Gujarat using GPS.
- Identification of progressively growing crustal strain zones along MCT in Uttarakhand Himalaya using GPS.
- Geodynamic profiling along KMF.
Dr.Pallabee Choudhury (PI)
Dr. Girish Kothyari
Dr Rakesh Dumka
Dr Falguni Bhattacharjee
Dr Siddarth Prizonwala
Ms. Archana Das
Mr. Nisarg Makwana
Ms. Drasti Gandhi