Detailed geophysical and geological investigations to identify copper lead and zinc mineralization around Ambaji, Banaskantha district are in progress.
Solid Earth Geophysics
Crust and Mantle Structure using Gravity, Magnetic, Deep Seismic Sounding, Magneto-Tellurics and Seismological tools like body and surface wave tomography, Receiver functions.
- Mechanism of seismicity and subterranean sounds in the northwest Deccan Volcanic Province of India.
- Rupture process of the 3 January 2016 (MW 6.7) Imphal Earthquake.
- Documenting the role of mantle derived fluids in the genesis of Intraplate earthquakes in the Kachchh rift basin.
- Characterizing surface geology, liquefaction potential and maximum intensity in the Kachchh seismic zone through ambient noise analysis.
- Detailed crustal structure of Cambay and KRB using high resolution gravity data.
- 2-D group velocity distribution maps in the northwest Deccan Volcanic Province of India using fundamental Rayleigh and Love waves.
- Seismic structure of crust and mantle beneath the diverse tectonic units of northwestern Deccan Volcanic Province and its role in Seismogenesis.
- Imprints of plume lithospheric interaction beneath the DVP
- Rupture dynamics of M ≥ 6.0 earthquakes in the Indian subcontinent
Dr. M. Ravi Kumar (PI)
Dr. A. P. Singh (Co-PI)
Dr.G. Pavan Kumar
Ms. Jyoti Sharma
Mr. Avinash Chauhan
Mr. Mayank Dixit
Mr. Arjav Shukla