Detailed geophysical and geological investigations to identify copper lead and zinc mineralization around Ambaji, Banaskantha district are in progress.
- Seismic data analysis centre (SeiDAC) to monitor seismicity of the Gujarat State and the Narmada Dam areas, near real time, using a network of 60 broadband seismographs and 54 strong motion accelerographs.
- Seismic microzonation and site specific seismic hazard to provide seismic factor for earthquake-resistant designing of low to high-rise buildings in different areas.
- Geotechnical laboratory comprising consolidation testing machine, cyclic cum static triaxial testing machine, electronic direct shear apparatus, rapid moisture meter, for different lab and on-site tests.
- Optically Stimulated Luminescence laboratory for dating of sediments.
- Geochemical laboratory consisting of fully automated X-ray fluorescence spectrometer and X-ray diffraction analyser.