Dr. Falguni Bhattacharya ( Scientist - B )
Solid Earth Geophysics Group
Institute of Seismological Research
Next to PDPU, Raisan
Gandhinagar, India - 382009
- Office: +91 79 66739017
- Mobile: +91 9376497763
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Synopsis and Responsibilities:
- Handling Optically Stimulated Luminescence (OSL) dating Laboratory and various applications of Tl/OSL.
- Deciphering climate and tectonic interaction of Gujarat and Himalayas.
- Geomorphological studies and Morphometric analysis.
- Geochemical analysis for paleoenvironment interpretation.
- Paleoseismological study to understand active fault mechanism.
- Remote sensing and interpretation of satellite images for geomorphological interpretation.
- Determination of location and magnitude of earthquakes.
- GIS based studies.
List of publication
- Falguni Bhattacharya, B.K. Rastogi, M.G. Thakkar, R.C. Patel, Navin Juyal (2014). Fluvial landforms and their implication towards understanding the past climate and seismicity in the northen Katrol Hill range, Western India, Quaternary International 333, 49-91.
- S P Sati, S Nawaz Al, Naresh Rana, Falguni Bhattacharya, Ravi Bhushan, A D Shukla, Y P Sundriyal, Navin Juyal (2014). Timing and extent of Holocene glaciations in the monsoon dominated Dunagiri valley (Bangni glacier), Central Himalaya, India, Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 91, 125−136.
- Falguni Bhattacharya, B.K. Rastogi, Mamata Ngangom, M.G. Thakkar, R.C. Patel (2013). Late Quaternary climate and seismicity in the Katrol Hill Range, Kachchh, Western India, Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 73, 114−120.
- Naresh Rana, Falguni Bhattacharya, N. Basavaiah, R.K. Pant, Navin Juyal (2013). Soft sediment deformation structures and their implications for Late Quaternary seismicity on the South Tibetan Detachment System, Central Himalaya (Uttarakhand), India, Tectonophysics 592,165–174.
- Alpa Sridhar, Laxman S Chamyal, Falguni Bhattacharya, Ashok Singhvi (2013), Early Holocene fluvial activity from the sedimentology and palaeohydrology of gravel terrace in the semi-arid Mahi River Basin, India, Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 66, 240−248.
- Falguni Bhattacharya, B. K. Rastogi and G. C. Kothyari (2013). Morphometric evidence of seismicity around Wagad and Gedi Faults, eastern Kachchh, Gujarat, Journal of Geological Society of India, 81, 113−121.
- T.J Majumdar, Falguni Bhattacharya, K.M. Sreejith (2010). Interpretation of ALOS-WB SAR image for determining Geology and Tectonics of the area of Kachchh, Indian Society of Remote Sensing, 22, 59−62.
- Falguni Bhattacharya AND Naresh Rana (2013). Evidences suggest that South Tibetan Detachment System was active during the last 20 ka, Indian Society of Earthquake sciences, 2, issue-2, 2−3.