Dr. P.Mahesh ( Scientist - B )
Solid Earth Geophysics Group
Institute of Seismological Research
Next to PDPU, Raisan
Gandhinagar, India - 382009
- Office: +91 79 66739015
- Mobile: +91 9737436495
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. P. Mahesh received his M.Sc. from Andhra University, Visakhapatnam and Ph.D. degree from Osmania University, Hyderabad. He has been working as a scientist at the Institute of Seismological Research (ISR), Gandhinagar for the past 4 years pursuing research in the field of earthquake seismology. He has wide experience in installation of seismological networks in geologically complex and diverse terrains of the western Himalaya and Indian shield. He is actively involved in various projects of Near Real Time Seismology Group of ISR and real time monitoring of seismicity in Gujarat. He has provided understanding of seismogenesis of the earthquakes in western Himalaya and Gujarat through high resolution seismic imaging. Dr. Mahesh generates seismic images using earthquakes by applying different Seismic Tomography techniques to investigate the composition and structure of sub-lithospheric mantle. His present research includes crustal 3-D velocity structure and seismotectonics of Gujarat.
List of publication
- Mahesh, P., Gupta, S., Utpal, S., and Rai, S. S., 2015. Sesismotectonics and Crustal stress field in the Kumaon-Garhwal Himalaya. Tectonophysics, 655, 124–138.
- Simha, C. P., Navaneeth, A., Rao, K. M., Rastogi, B. K., Kumar, G P., Mahesh, P., Sridhar, V. N., and Shukla, A. K., 2015. Spatial and temporal variations of total electron content (TEC) and outgoing long wave radiation (OLR) during the period of greater earthquakes near the Indian subcontinent. Nat Hazards, DOI 10.1007/s11069-015-2058-2.
- Simha, C. P., Pavan Kumar, G., Mahesh, P., Navaneeth, A., Rao, K. M., Rastogi, B. K., Sridhar, V. N., and Shukla, A. K., 2014. Ionospheric disturbances with the time of occurrence, magnitude and location of the earthquake (M6.5) near the Indian subcontinent. Nat Hazards, DOI 10.1007/s11069-013-0816-6.
- Mahesh, P., Rai, S. S., Sivaram, K., Paul, A., Gupta, S., Sarma, P.R., Gaur, V.K., 2013. One dimensional reference velocity model and precise locations of earthquake hypocenters in the Kumaon- Garhwal Himalaya, Bull. Seismol.Soc. Am. Vol. 103, No. 1, 328-339.
- Mahesh, P., Gupta, S., Rai, S. S., and Sarma, P. R., 2012. Fluid driven earthquakes in the Chamoli Region, Garhwal Himalaya: Evidence from local earthquake tomography. Geophys. J. Int. 191, 1295–1304.
- Gupta, S., Mahesh, P., Sivaram, K., and Rai, S. S., 2012. Active fault beneath the Tehri dam, Garhwal Himalaya- First seismological evidence. Current Science, VOL. 103, NO. 11, 10 December 2012.
- Sivaram, K., Mahesh, P., and Rai, S. S., 2012. Stability Assessment and Quantitative Evaluation of H/V Spectral Ratios for Site Response Studies in Kumaon Himalaya, India Using Ambient Noise Recorded by a Broadband Seismograph Network. Pure Appl. Geophys., Volume 169, Issue 10, pp 1801-1820.
List of Ongoing Project
- Deep seismic profiles in Kachchh collaboration with CSIR-NGRI sponsored by MoES.
- Earthquake data processing and interpretation of microearthquake data for study the of seismogenic sources around the Subansiri Lower Hydroelectric project’, Arunachal Pradesh sponsored by NHPC.