Ms. Jyoti Sharma ( Scientist - B )
Solid Earth Geophysics Group
Institute of Seismological Research
Next to PDPU, Raisan
Gandhinagar, India - 382009
- Office: +91 79 66739019
- Mobile: +91 9974712172
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Jyoti Sharma has been working as a Scientist B in Institute of Seismological Research (ISR) since December, 2011. Earlier, she has also worked for the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) as a Research Associate under the “National Programme on Earthquake Precursors (NPEP)” and Fugro Geotech Private Limited as a Geophysicist and performed various geophysical tests. She did her M.Tech. in Computational Seismology from IIT Kharagpur in 2008 and M.Sc. in Physics from Delhi University in 2005. Presently she is pursuing her Ph.D. from IIT Dhanbad (earlier ISM Dhanbad) on “Surface Wave Tomography for Gujarat Region”. Her research areas include (i) Surface wave tomography, (ii) Source and Path characteristics using spectral analysis of Strong Motion Accelerograph (SMA) and Broadband Data, (iii) Site amplification studies using HVSR and GINV techniques and (iv) Moment Tensor Inversion for Earthquake Source Characteristics.
- Qualified National Eligibility Test (NET) for Lectureship in Physical Sciences in 2005.
- Qualified Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) in Physics in 2006.
- Editor of Indian Society of Earthquake Science (ISES) Newsletter “Bhoo-Kampan” and Jt. Secretary of Indian Society of Earthquake Science (ISES).
List of publication
- Jyoti Sharma, S. Chopra and K. S. Roy, 2014. Estimation of Source parameters, Quality factor (Qs) and Site characteristics using Accelerograms: Uttarakhand Himalaya region. Bulletin of Seismological Society of America 104(1),360–380,doi: 10.1785/0120120304.
- Sumer Chopra, Jyoti Sharma, Anup Sutar and B. K. Bansal, 2014. Estimation of Source Parameters of Mw 6.9 Sikkim Earthquake and Modeling of Ground Motions to Determine Causative Fault. Pure and Applied Geophysics 171(7), 1311-1328, doi: 10.1007/s00024-013-0722-6
- Simha, C. P., Pavan Kumar, G., Mahesh, P., Navaneeth, A., Rao, K. M., Rastogi, B. K., Sridhar, V. N., and Shukla, A. K., 2014. Ionospheric disturbances with the time of occurrence, magnitude and location of the earthquake (M6.5) near the Indian subcontinent. Nat Hazards, DOI 10.1007/s11069-013-0816-6.
- Nath, S.K., A. Raj, J. Sharma, K.K.S. Thingbaijam, et al., 2008. Site Amplification, Qs and Source Parameterization in Guwahati Region from Seismic and Geotechnical Analysis. Seismological Research Letters 79 (4), 526-539.
- Jyoti Sharma, Ketan Singha Roy, B. K. Rastogi, Santosh Kumar and P. N. S. Roy, 2015. Source and Path Characterization of Intraplate Kachchh Rift of Western India, Tectonophysics (communicated).
- Pallabee Choudhury, Sumer Chopra, Ketan Singha Roy and Jyoti Sharma, 2015. Ground motion modelling in Gujarat region of western India using Empirical Green’s Function Approach, Tectonophysics, (under review).
- Pallabee Choudhury, Sumer Chopra, Ketan Singha Roy, Jyoti Sharma and B. K. Rastogi, 2016. Revisiting the 1956 Anjar Earthquake in Western India: Empirical Green's Function Approach, Pure and Applied Geophysics, (under review).
- Rastogi, B. K. and J. Sharma, 2015. Global Seismic Cyclicity and Possible Enhanced Seismicity Since 2001, Journal of Indian Geophysical Union, (under review).