Dr. Siddharth Prizomwala ( Scientist - B )
Solid Earth Geophysics Group
Institute of Seismological Research
Next to PDPU, Raisan Gandhinagar, India - 382009
- Office: +91 79 66739037
- Mobile: +91 7567049349
- E-mail: email@example.com
Dr. Siddharth Prizomwala received his PhD degree in Geology from The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara. Currently he is holds the position of scientist at the Institute of Seismological Research (ISR), Gandhinagar pursuing research in the field of palaeotsunami studies, active tectonics and Quaternary landscape evolution. He has a wide experience in palaeotsunami deposits in geomorphologically diverse terrains of the Gujarat coast. His current research interest are, palaeotsunami studies along Gujarat coast, active tectonic studies in parts of Gujarat and Himalaya using geomorphology, sedimentology and OSL dating techniques.
List of publication
- "Late Pleistocene-Holocene climate and sea level changes inferred based on the tidal terrace sequence, Kachchh, Western India" A. Das, S. P. Prizomwala, N. Makwana and M. G. Thakkar palaeoecology palaeoclimatology palaeogeography (In Press).
- “Geological evidences of extreme waves along the Gujarat coast from Western India” Nilesh Bhatt, Murari, M.K.,
V. Ukey , S. P. Prizomwala, and A. K. Singhvi, Natural Hazard (2016) 84 (3), 1685-1704.
- "Tectonic variability along the South Katrol Hill Fault, Kachchh, Western India: Insights from geomorphic indices"
A. Das, G. Chauhan, S. P. Prizomwala, M. G. Thakkar and B. K. Rastogi Zeitschrift fur Geomorphologie (2016) 60 (3), 209-218.
- "Archaeological Evidence for Modern Coastal Uplift at Diu, Saurashtra Peninsula, India " Kazmer, M., Bhatt Nilesh, Ukey, V., S. P. Prizomwala, Taborosi, D., and Szekely, B., Geoarchealogy (2016).(in Press)
- "Testing numerical model for boulder transport through high energy marine wave event: An example from southern Saurashtra, western India" Drasti Gandhi, K.A. Chavare, S. P. Prizomwala, Nilesh Bhatt, N. Y. Bhatt, Kapil Mohan and B. K. Rastogi, Quaternary International (2016).(in Press)
- "Late Pleistocene-Holocene uplift driven terrace formation and climate-tectonic interplay form a seismically active intraplate setting: an example from Kachchh, Western India" S. P. Prizomwala, A. Das, G. Chauhan, T. Solanki,
N. Basavaiah, N. P. Bhatt, M. G. Thakkar and B. K. Rastogi Journal of Asian Earth Science (2016) 124, 55–67.
- "Spatial variations in tectonic activity along the Kachchh Mainland Fault, Kachchh, western India: implications in seismic hazard assessment" S. P. Prizomwala, T. Solanki, G. Chauhan, A. Das, N. P. Bhatt, M. G. Thakkar and
B. K. Rastogi Nat Hazards (2016) 82, 947–961
- “Late Quaternary environmental and sea level changes from Kolleru Lake, SE India: Inferences from mineral magnetic, geochemical and textural analyses” N. Basavaiah, J.L.V. Mahesh Babu, P.B. Gawali, K.Ch.V. Naga Kumar, G. Demudu, S. P. Prizomwala, P.T. Hanamgond and K. Nageswara Rao Quaternary International. (2015) 371, 197 - 208.
- “Coastal boulders as evidences of high energy marine events from Diu island, west coast of India: storm or palaeotsunami?” S. P. Prizomwala, Drasti Gandhi, V. Ukey, Nilesh Bhatt and B. K. Rastogi, Natural Hazard (2015) 75 (2), 1187-1203.
- “Delineating the spatial variations in neotectonic activity along the southwestern Saurashtra using remote sensing” Drasti Gandhi, Parnavi Prajapati, S. P. Prizomwala, Nilesh Bhatt and B. K. Rastogi, Zeistchrift fur geomorphologie (2015) 59 (1), 21-36.
- “Understanding the sediment routing system along the Gulf of Kachchh coast, western India: Significance fo small ephemeral rivers” S. P. Prizomwala, Nilesh Bhatt and Basavaiah N., Journal of Earth System Science 2014, 123 (1), 121-133.
- “Sediment fluxes from small dryland fluvial catchment, Kachchh, Western India: Provenance discrimination and insights into source-to-sink studies in a macrotidal environment”. S. P. Prizomwala, Nilesh Bhatt and Basavaiah, N., International Journal of Sediment Research 2014, 29 (1), 99-109.
- “Internal Sedimentary Architecture and Coastal Dynamics as Revealed by Ground Penetrating Radar, Kachchh coast, Western India”. Shukla, S.B., Chowksey, V., S. P. Prizomwala, Ukey, V., Nilesh Bhatt and Maurya, D.M., Acta Geophysica 2013, 61 (5), 1196-1210.
- “Provenance Discrimination Studies on Sediments of the SW Kachchh Coast, Western India: Insights from Heavy Mineral and Mineral Magnetic Analysis”. S. P. Prizomwala, Shukla S.B., Basavaiah, N., and Bhatt Nilesh, Journal of Coastal Research 2013, 29 (1), 52-60.
- “Distribution of Indus born mica along Gulf of Kachchh coast: Implications in understanding offshore dynamics”.
S. P. Prizomwala, Shukla, S.B., and Nilesh Bhatt, Journal of Geological society of India 2012, 79, 557-562.
- “Coastal geomorphology and Tsunami hazard scenario along the Kachchh coast, Western India”. Shukla, S.B.,
S. P. Prizomwala, Ukey, V., Bhatt, N.P., and Chamyal, L.S., Indian Journal of Marine Science 2010, 39 (4), 549-556.
- “Geomorphic assemblage of coastline of Gulf of Kachchh, western India: Implications in understanding the pathways of coastal sediments”. S. P. Prizomwala, Shukla, S.B., and Bhatt, N.P., Zeistcrift fur geomorphologiea 2010, 54 (1), 31-46.
- Ongoing Project: MoES project entitled “Reconstructing high energy marine events from Gujarat coast from last 6000 years” since May 2015 – May 2018. (Cost: 25,08,000 INR)
- Ongoing Project: DST FAST TRACK project entitled “Aggradational-Incisional phases in the Fluvial sequences of Southern Saurashtra: Implications for Sea level / Tectonic forcings during the Late Quaternary” since April 2014 – March 2017. (Cost: 24,20,000 INR)
- Completed Project: PI was Awarded “Research Fellowship” by the Indo-Swiss Joint Research Programme (ISJRP) to visit Geological Institute, ETH Zurich, Switzerland from October 2011 to June 2012. (Cost: 13,76,000 INR)
- • IGCP 639 meeting, Muscar, Oman, 2016
- • Cologne workshop, Germany, 2016
- • IAS meeting, Geneva, Switzerland, 2014
- • EGU meeting, Vienna, 2012
- • ETH, Zurich, Switzerland 2011 to 2012 (short stay)
- • INQUA meeting Bern, Switzerland, 2011
- • IAS meeting Zaragoza, 2011