Dr. Rakesh K Dumka ( Scientist - B )
Solid Earth Geophysics Group
Institute of Seismological Research
Next to PDPU, Raisan
Gandhinagar, India - 382009
- Office: +91 79 66739016
- Mobile: +91 7966739016
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
AREAS OF RESEARCH
Crustal Deformation, Geodesy, Active FaultCrustal deformation study using GNSS of two seismically active zone of Indian Plate, Kachchh – Gujarat and Uttarakhand Himalaya. This includes GNSS netwrork establishement, monitoring and measurments as CORS and campaign mode. GPS data processing and interpretation of results to understand the earthquake genesis processes. Application of GPS for various geological and geophysical studies.
list of publications (brief)
- Tectonic evolution and stress pattern of South Wagad Fault at the Kachchh Rift Basin in western India, GC Kothyari, R. K. Dumka, AP Singh, G Chauhan, MG Thakkar, SK Biswas, Geological Magazine, 1-13 (2016).
- Landform development in a zone of active Gedi Fault, Eastern Kachchh rift basin, India GC Kothyari, BK Rastogi,
P Morthekai, R. K. Dumka, Tectonophysics 670, 115-126, (2016).
- Active segmentation assessment of the tectonically active South Wagad Fault in Kachchh, Western Peninsular India, GC Kothyari, BK Rastogi, P Morthekai, R. K. Dumka, RS Kandregula Geomorphology 253, 491-507. (2016).
- Secondary surface deformation along the Bharudia/North Wagad Fault Zone in Kachchh rift basin, western India.
GC Kothyari, BK Rastogi, R. K. Dumka, M Chauhan Comunicacoe Geologicas 102 (1). (2015).
- Crustal deformation revealed by GPS in Kumaun Himalaya, India R. K. Dumka, BS Kotlia, K Kumar, GS Satyal,
LM Joshi Journal of Mountain Science 11 (1), 41-50. (2014).
- Quantification of crustal strain rate in Kumaun Himalaya (India) using GPS measurements of crustal deformation,
R. K. Dumka, BS Kotlia, K K Himalayan Geology 35 (2), 146-155. (2014).
- Contemporary deformation in the Kashmir–Himachal, Garhwal and Kumaon Himalaya: significant insights from 1995–2008 GPS time series S Jade, M Mukul, VK Gaur, R. K. Dumka, al Jagannathan, Saigeetha: et. Journal of Geodesy, 1-19. (2014).
- First Global Positioning System (GPS) Derived Recession Rate in Milam Glacier, Higher Central Himalaya, India,
R. K. Dumka, BS Kotlia, MS Miral, LM Joshi, K Kumar, AK Sharma. International Journal of Engineering Science, (2013).
- Post-seismic deformation associated with the 2001 Bhuj earthquake P Choudhury, JK Catherine, VK Gahalaut,
S Chopra, R. K. Dumka, KS Roy Natural Hazards 65 (2), 1109-1118, (2013).
- Stress pulse migration by viscoelastic process for long-distance delayed triggering of shocks in Gujarat, India, after the 2001 Mw 7.7 Bhuj earthquake BK Rastogi, P Choudhury, R. K. Dumka, KM Sreejith, TJ Majumdar in Geoscience, Geophys.. (2013).
- Determination of Crustal Strain Field in Kumaun Himalaya Using Global Positioning System (GPS) Geodesy, R. K. Dumka, IN GMBH, LAP Lambert Academic Publishing. (2011).
- Lower recession rate of Gangotri glacier during 1971-2004-Response K Kumar, R. K. Dumka, MS Miral, GS Satyal, M Pant, Current Science, 95 (1), 10-10. (2008).
- Comparison of Digital Surface Modelling Techniques for Sloping Hill Terrain Using GPS Data K Kumar, MC Pant,
GS Satyal, R. K. Dumka, International Journal of Modelling and Simulation 28 (4), 439-447.
- Estimation of retreat rate of Gangotri glacier using rapid static and kinematic GPS survey K Kumar, R. K. Dumka,
MS Miral, GS Satyal, M Pant, Current Science,- 94 (2), 258. (2008).
- Traditional Construction Practices in the Seismically Active Areas of Uttaranchal MS Miral, K Kumar, R. K. Dumka ENVIS Bulletin: Himalayan Ecology 11 (1), 35-37. (2008).
List of Ongoing Project
- Crustal Deformation study using GPS network of ISR sponsered by DST (GoG), 2015 – 2020.
- Active Fault study along KHF in Kachchh region using GPS geodesy sponsered by MoES (GoI), 2016 -2020.
- Identification of progressively growing crustal strain zones along MCT in Uttarakhand Himalaya, using GPS geodesy, Sponsered by SERB-DST (GoI), 2013 – 2017.
- GPS & GAGAN/ IRNSS data analysis for Intra-Plate Geodynamic profiling in Active Seismic Zones, collaborative proposal with SAC-NRSA, sponsered by ISRO. 2015 – 2019.
- Correlation of IRNSS data with GPS data for the development of IRNSS, sponsered by ISRO. 2016 onwards.
- Running and maintenance of four GPS stations of Gujarat region for online transmission of data to INCOIS, part of ISGN Indian Seismic GNSS Network (ISGN) of MoeS. 2012 onwards.