Dr. Kapil Mohan ( Scientist - C )
Seismic Hazard Assessment & Microzonation Group
Commercial Research and Development Group
- Office: +91 79 66739013
- Mobile: +91 9099034451
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Seismic Hazard Assessment, Seismic Microzonation, Site Specific Studies, Magnetotellurics and Geothermal energy.
list of publications (brief)
- Kapil Mohan, B.K. Rastogi, VasuPancholi, and B. Sairam, Estimation of strong motion parameters in the coastal region of Gujarat using geotechnical data, Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering (in Press)
- Kapil Mohan, G. Pavan Kumar, Peush Chaudhary, Virender Kumar Choudhary, Mehul Nagar, Dilip Kushwaha, Pruthul Patel, Drasti Gandhi and B.K.Rastogi. Magnetotelluric investigations to Identify Geothermal source zone near Chabsarhotwater spring Site, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, Northwest India, Geothermics (in Press)
- Gandhi D., Chavare, K.A., Prizonwala, S.P. Bhatt,N. Mohan, K. and Rastogi, B.K., 2016, Testing the numerical models for boulder transport through high energy marine wave event: An example from southern Saurashtra, western India, Quaternary International(In Press).
- G.Pavan Kumar, Mahender, E., Singh, Y. K., Mahesh, P. and Mohan, K.,2016, Delineation of aquifer layer along Anjar-Rapar Corridor, eastern Kachchh basin, Gujarat using electromagnetic investigations, J. Ind. Geophys. Union, 20(2), 201-208.
- Kapil Mohan, B.K. Rastogi and Peush Chaudhary, 2015, Magnetotelluric studies in the epicenter zone of 2001, Bhuj earthquake, Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 98 (2015) 75-84.
- Kapil Mohan, 2014, Seismic Hazard Assessment in the Kachchh Region of Gujarat (India) through Deterministic Modeling Using a Semi Empirical Approach, Seismological Research Letters, 85(1):117-125.
- Kapil Mohan, and A. Joshi, 2013, Simulation of strong ground motion due to great earthquake in the central seismic gap region of Uttarakhand Himalaya, Natural Hazards, 69:1733-1749.
- A. Joshi, Ashvini Kumar, K. Mohan, B. K. Rastogi, 2013, Hybrid attenuation model for estimation of peak ground accelerations in the Kutch region, India, Natural Hazards, 68:249-269.
- Rastogi, B.K., Santosh Kumar, Sandeep K Aggrawal, Kapil Mohan, Nagabhusanrao, N. Purnachandrarao, Girish Ch. Kothyari, (2013) The October 20, 2011 Mw 5.1 Talala earthquake in the stable continental region of India, Natural Hazard, Vol. 65 (2), pp 1197-1216.
- Mohan, K. and Joshi, A., 2012, Role of attenuation relationship in shaping the seismic hazard, Natural Hazards, 60:649-670.
- Joshi, A. and Mohan, K., 2010, Expected peak ground acceleration in Uttarakhand Himalaya, India region from a deterministic hazard model, Natural Hazards, Vol. 52(2), pp 299 - 317.
- Joshi, A. and Mohan, K., 2008, Simulation of accelerograms from simplified deterministic approach for Niigata earthquake of 23rd Oct. 2004, Journal of Seismology, 12, pp 35-51.
- Joshi, A., Mohan, K. and Patel, R.C., 2007, Deterministic approach for preparation of seismic hazard map for NE India, Natural Hazards, 43, pp 129-146.
Project in Progress/ recently completed (as Principal Investigator)
|Project||Sponsoring Agency||Project Cost (in Lakhs)|
|Probabilistic Analysis of Seismic Losses for Urban Areas and Lifeline Networks in Kachchh (Gujarat), India||DST-DAAD (INDO-GERMAN)||5.45|
|Magnetotelluric Survey to Identify Geothermal source zones at selected Thermal spring sites in Gujarat||Gujarat Power Corporation Ltd.||58.0|
|3D Magnetotelluric Studies in Kachchh (Gujarat)||DST, Government of Gujarat||476|
|Geophysical investigations for location, attributes, deformation rate and determination of progressively growing crustal strain zones at / along Kachchh Mainland Fault, Gujarat.||Ministry of Earth Science (MoES), New Delhi||52|
|Seismic Microzonation of Bhuj City, Kachchh, Gujarat||Ministry of Earth Science (MoES), New Delhi||25|
|Seismic Hazard Assessment of Dwarka JagatMandir, Distt. Dwarka, Saurashtra, Gujarat||Gujarat PavitraYatradham Board||17.75|
|Seismic Hazard Assessment of Multi-Storey Residential Complex at Satellite Road, Ahmedabad.||E-City Projects Construction Pvt Limited||4.5|
|Seismic Hazard Assessment of cryogenic ethane receipt and storage facility at Dahej.||L&T Hydrocarbon Engineering Ltd.||5.0|
|Seismic Hazard Assessment of Multi-Storey Commercial Complex at Science City Road, Sola, Ahmedabad.||M/S SahjanandBuildtech, Ahmedabad||2.45|
|Seismic Hazard Assessment of Zydus Corporate House, SG Highway, Ahmedabad||M/s Bhoomi Consultants, Ahmedabad||4.54|
|Assessment of Seismic Hazard of SantNagri ,Near Dharoi Dam, District Sabarkantha, Gujarat||Gujarat PavitraYatradhamVikas Board||3.00|
|Seismic Hazard Assessment of Devni Mori site, Near Mesow Dam, District Sabarkantha, Gujarat||Gujarat PavitraYatradhamVikas Board||4.75|
|Site Specific Seismic study to develop Site Specific Response Spectrum for Cable Stayed Bridge at Zuari River, Goa||Dilip Buildcon Ltd., Bhopal||6.0|
|Seismic Hazard Assessment of Dadra and Nagar Haveli (U.T.)||Disaster and Management Cell Dadra & Nagar Haveli||15.0|